4/15/2009

The Masters





I had the opportunity to go to the Masters last Saturday, and it was a once in a lifetime AWESOME experience! I wish I could have been able to take a camera in with me, but of course I couldn't so you'll just have to take my word for it when I say it was BEAUTIFUL!! I could live there in the outdoors and be happy. It was the cleanest outdoors I've ever seen!
I had to get up early to beat the heavy traffic, so I got there early enough to walk the grounds before the first tee-off. I took it all in and found where I wanted to watch the game, since I wasn't really interested in following a particular golfer (like those crazy Tiger fans).
Before the first tee-off, I went and stood at the putting green where all the players go practice before they all tee-off. I got to see all the golfers come through before they began their game. It's neat to see them interact with each othere and to see that they are pretty normal. Steve Flesch's caddy gave me a few balls, and that was fun. I didn't dare ask for any autographs, and that's my only regret.
I spent a few hours at the "Amen Corner" to watch most everyone come through, and then I spent the final end of my day at the 18th hole to watch everyone come in.
It was a gorgeous day, and I had the time of my life. The only thing that could have made it better would be to have my dad there with me, I missed him so much.
Thank you Honey, for giving me that opportunity. You really do love me :)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I am glad you got to go and very jealous. I think sunscreen would have helped you too!

Nathalie Smith said...

Oh what an awesome experience for you!!!!

heidijogoody said...

How fun! I bet that was such a great opportunity

Andy Armstrong said...

I am jealous, Misty. Very cool. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.

Roberts Fam said...

LUCKY so fun for you!!!!I wish we could see eachother and catch up like old times!