12/25/2009

What's new?


It's been a little while since I've updated our post, so I thought this might be a good time to let you all know what's going on...
First of all, we moved in to our new home in Olympia Washington a few months ago and live has been a little bit of a whirlwind since.
We celebrated our TEN year anniversary on Nov. 20th, and we are going to the Bahama's in Dec. to really celebrate! We can't wait to have a real vacation and relax!!
We (and be we I mean I) had a week to unpack before we left for CA for a week to visit family. It was a great time and we really enjoyed just getting to hang out and spend a little one on one with everyone. But the day after we got home we had guests showing up for Thanksgiving week. My mom came and helped me get a few things put together so the house looked a little more presentable and comfortable... she's had a little practice so she was a good help. Then Kevin came so he could take Whit back home. And then my sister Chris and her Ian came to spend the holiday. It was really fun having everyone here and we had some good laughs! And I loved having everyone fit comfortably in my new home, and it was my first time making Thanksgiving dinner for family. It actually turned out to be a good dinner! If only we had more time to spend together!
Bart was getting ready to deploy with his unit when they started to make some changes that would affect his work, so he asked to be transfered to another unit. This new unit was scheduled to leave for Iraq the first of February, but got cancelled just as they started their pre deployment training. This was such amazing news to us... it's still almost too unbelievable! Especially since we will be doing invetro ifertilization (IVF) real soon. It's inevitable that he will deploy in the future, but for right now we are enjoying the time we have together.
As far as making babies- well, we are now in the process! We had a family fast and prayer day, in which many of you participated in, and we have had only peaceful and hopeful feelings! It will take a few months before we know for sure if it works so stay tuned!! :) We feel like we're in a good place right now, and we know the Lord has a plan for us either way.
Well, I hope this helps getting my post updated a little... I better go pack for the big Vacation!
Love you all!

3 comments:

momwhoknits said...

Have Fun!

heidijogoody said...

Glad you are doing well and I can't wait to hear if everything worked out for you guys.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Hope you're having fun in the Bahamas, or are you back? Anyways, so glad to hear Bart's not deploying yet! Also, I can't believe that picture with your medications...yikes! Take care, with love, Rebecca